Monday, October 29, 2012

Print Making

 
1.     Describe the overall composition of your artwork (balance, unity, rhythm and movement). I feel like the art had some movement but it could have been more balanced. I should have applied more paint because it has some spots that showed through the paint. Also I should have craved out more spots to show more textures of the giraffe.
  
2.     How did you add texture and contrast to your print? Is this important? Why? Yes, adding texture is really important because then it shows the features of  the giraffe has so it looks more life like. I tried to add more texture be craving thick and skinnier lines in the picture.

3.     Explain how you used positive and negative space to show your image. I decided to keep the spots the giraffe had because thats one of the important feauture a giraffe has. Then I decided to cut out the rest of the space of the giraffe. For the background I decided to just carve out the lines of the mountain and keep the rest of the space to balance out with the giraffe.

4.     Describe the craftsmanship of your print. (How good the project is technically crafted) I feel like the craftmanship was good. I should have applied more paint and drew more textures to show more balance with the giraffe and the mountain.

5.     Were you able to achieve depth by showing a foreground, middle ground and back- ground? Explain. Yes, I think that the background kind of helped the animal stand out so then people can see that the giraffe is standing in front of the mountain and it's not mixed in together.

6.     Explain your experience with Printmaking. What were the obstacles and advantages? I feel like The lines was an obstacle because you had decide which would look more realstic and stand out more. You couldn't put too much or it will blend in with the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment